- Healthy plant pre-potted with organic fertilizer
◦ Medium plant size: 8″-12″ tall (including pot)
◦ Small plant size: 4″-6″ tall (including pot)
- Plastic pot
◦ Pot size: 11 cm in diameter
Calathea Medallion, Calathea Roseopicta, Prayer Plant
Low / Partial / Bright indirect light
The Calathea Medallion gets its name from its round, splendid, patterned leaves. The underside of its leaves is burgundy purple. Like all Calatheas, the ‘Medallion’ enjoys bright, indirect light and evenly moist soil. These are not undemanding plants, and require consistency with watering and even light to thrive. Keep the soil evenly moist, never allowing it to completely dry out.
Calatheas are also known as “prayer plants” due to their leaf movement. They tend to raise their leaves at night and lower them during day. Being a forest floor dweller, it is thought that this is done to capture as much sunlight as possible. The Medallion Calathea is pet friendly as it is not toxic to humans or pets.
Prayer Plant likes diffused, indirect light, in a humid environment so kitchens and bathrooms are ideal along with regular misting and your plant will thrive. Wipe Calathea’s leaves with a damp cloth to remove dust, so that it can breathe properly. This plant is safe around children and pets.
Calathea Plants are tropical plants, often grown as houseplants for their beautiful, brightly coloured, upright, ovate leaves. There are over 300 different types of Calatheas, many being hybrids created by tissue cultures. Indoors, a Calathea is a table plant or short bush that rarely gets bigger than 60cm tall and wide. Flowers, if produced, are white, small and formed in spikes.
Dos and Don’ts after receiving the plant
- Do not re-pot the plant immediately after receiving. We’ve taken care of that with better pot and rich soil.
- Keep the plant in indirect sunlight for 3 to 7 days.
- Always check the soil moisture and keep the plant hydrated all time. Do not over water it.